Christmas, craft, Health

DIY Christmas Gifts: Detox Bath in a Jar

I have been busy making Christmas gifts for my friends and family because I love to give homemade gifts. I love to receive them also. Just knowing someone loves me enough to put some effort into a gift is really special. Today I am sharing one of my favorite gifts I am making: detox bath in a jar.

20121202-231810.jpg

This one is a personal favorite because as I wrote in an earlier post these detox baths have changed my health for the better. I want to share this beneficial treatment with my loved ones as well. To get to recipe go to my earlier post here. The only change I made was I used ground ginger instead of fresh ginger root. I put it in cute jars from my local craft store and tied a piece of twine around them with a stamped gift tag with directions on how to use it.

20121202-232530.jpg

I love how they have turned out. I will be pairing it with a few other homemade spa type gifts. Maybe I will post those soon as well :) thanks for stopping by!

18 thoughts on “DIY Christmas Gifts: Detox Bath in a Jar

1. Great idea – I think I will make a bunch to give out for gifts! One question – do you add the lavender oil right away with the salt/soda/ginger or do you have the recipient add it later? Thanks for all your great ideas!

Posted by Hope | December 5, 2012, 8:50 am
  2. How much ginger powder did you sub for the fresh

Posted by Natalie | January 13, 2013, 8:36 pm
  3. I have wanted to look into detox baths before but had forgotten about it until coming across your posts. I read the post about your eyelid experience and think that is really something! I’m going to remember to give this a try now.

Posted by Sarah a.k.a. Ruby (@Girlfriendshoes) | December 20, 2013, 12:53 am
  4. Where can I find the recipe to make this?

Posted by Karen | November 1, 2014, 12:05 pm
  5. Where do I find the recipe?

Posted by Jaymi | November 20, 2014, 3:24 pm
  6. I clicked every link I could and it didn’t take me to the recipe.

Posted by kimcapps | November 22, 2014, 4:22 pm

1. Pingback: 30 Christmas Gifts in a Jar - November 8, 2013

2. Pingback: 44 Creative DIY Christmas Gifts in a Jar | Dodo Burd - November 17, 2013

3. Pingback: Δωράκια σε… βαζάκια! | Eimaimama.gr - November 18, 2013

4. Pingback: 20 Homemade Gifts In A Jar - December 6, 2013

5. Pingback: 140 Diy Mason Jar – Crafts, Lights, Storage, Vases, Glitter | Rilane - We Aspire to Inspire - June 30, 2014

6. Pingback: Craftaholics Anonymous® | 51 Christmas Gift in a Jar Ideas - October 24, 2014

7. Pingback: Δωράκια σε… βαζάκια! - Eimaimama.gr - November 20, 2014

8. Pingback: LoanShak » DIY Gift Ideas To Save Money - December 3, 2014

9. Pingback: 20 Creative DIY Christmas Gifts in a Jar | EssyPage Blog - December 10, 2014