Our wonderful garden is giving us lots of great veggies this summer, one of the veggies we have in surplus is zucchini. We only have one plant but in the past three days I have five huge zucchini and more coming soon. I made some into brownies with the kids today with my mother’s recipe I grew up loving. It was so much fun so yummy I just had to share!
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup margarine
3 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the first three ingredients until creamy. Add eggs one at a time.
2. Peel and shred zucchini.
3. Add in zucchini and mix well.
4. Add vanilla and all dry ingredients except flour and mix well.
5. Add flour and stir until combined. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a well greased 9 x 13 pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 min.
I let them cool off as long as we can take it then cut. I have a quick brownie cutting tip to share that my mom taught me and I use on all brownies…. a plastic knife! Hot or cool it cuts through brownies perfectly and they won’t stick to and mush up. It make for clean squares that look nice especially for taking to an event.
They were so moist and good my kids wanted more! Great way to get veggies into non veggie eaters 🙂 thanks for stopping by!
yum! zucchinis are awesome in baked goods!
Think I’m going to try these tomorrow!