Today is my birthday so I wanted to share a fun craft my girls and I are doing together. I have been getting ready for Christmas here lately. Making gifts, getting out decorations and crafting of course! I made some easy but cute little gift tags for this year that I’m sharing today.
2 cups baking soda
1 cup cornstarch
1 1/4 cups water
1. Place all of the ingredients into a thick bottomed pot and stir until combined.
2. Put on the stove over medium heat, stirring continuously.
3. It will begin to come together, keep stirring until it becomes a ball.
4. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
5. Knead the dough a bit until smooth.
6. Roll it out and use cookie cutters to cut cute shapes.
7. You can stamp it with or without ink.
8. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 175-200 degrees checking every 10-15 minutes turning occasionally to dry evenly. This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on thickness. Or you can air dry overnight.
I love my cute initialed gift tags and plan to make more, I think some twine would add the perfect string to tie these on my gifts. I’m also using the leftover dough to make some ornaments with my kids. The dough keeps in a plastic bag for a day or two. Thanks for stopping by